|Main||Levels & Gameplay||Worlds||Moshlings|
Moshling Rescue! is a match-three style application. The puzzle game is free to play but does include in-game purchases as assets that make levels easier to pass are all to be paid with real money. The game is designed for those over 13 years old, usually marketing itself as being made for the parents of the children who play Moshi Monsters.
- December 4, 2013 - Philippines
- March 12, 2014 - Canada
- April 10, 2014 - Malaysia, Australia
- May 11, 2014 - Facebook; for everyone
- June 15, 2014 - United Kingdom (iOS App)
When Big Bad Bill and his mischievous Woolly Blue Hoodoos trigger an eruption on the volcano, Monstro City is buried under a shower of gummies! Can you dig the town out from its sticky prison and rescue the Moshlings trapped inside? You’ll be joining Monstro City’s newest hero, Ellie, as you explore unique game modes and spectacular new worlds.
You can play your way through dozens of mind-bendingly moreish Moshi match puzzles, with many more on the way! You’ll need to beat back Big Bad Bill in talent-testing Boss levels and conquer the Home levels to lead Moshlings to freedom; all while executing perfect combo-matches to create awesome, explosive chain reactions!
Jump in to help your Facebook friends or compete for the top spot in your own Moshling Rescue league! To unlock permanent boosts you’ll need to venture off the main path and play special bonus levels.
Match your way through unique, colourful levels of puzzle action to rescue and collect a menagerie of super cute Moshlings! When Big Bad Bill and his mischievous Woolly Blue Hoodoos trigger an eruption at the volcano, everything gets covered with a shower of gummies! Can you dig the town out from its sticky prison and rescue the Moshlings trapped inside?
- A new, unique twist on matching games.
- Wide variety of addictive game modes: rescue, dig, clear, treasure, & more!
- Beautifully-realized world & characters.
- You can play your way through dozens of mind-bendingly moreish Moshi match puzzles, with many more on the way!
- Jump in the help your Facebook friends or compete for the top spot in your own Moshi Rescue league!
- Build your collection of Moshlings, and unlock permanent boosts.
- Execute perfect combo-matches to create awesome, explosive chain reactions!
- Join the fun now!
|“||Moshling Rescue – Mind Candy's take on a match 3 mechanic, received front page global features on both Apple and Google's mobile app stores. The challenge was to use existing characters intended for 5 year olds in a game meant for much older freemium audience. This was achieved through challenging game modes, detailed rendering, and an aspirational (but relatable) hero character, Ellie. The game has gone on to receive thousands of 5-star reviews from satisfied players.||”|
Fez Owl's function is to accompany the player on the side of the screen and shuffles the board when no moves can be done. Mascots
- Mr. Snoodle is the main mascot and represents Moshlings.
- Burnie drops fireballs destroying CLONC's Glump doors.
- ShiShi and Snookums aid with switching gummy from position.
- Rocky destroys rocks
- Wurley shuffles the board
The theme music for Moshling Rescue is written and produced by composer Sanj Sen (who is the head of that department of Mind Candy) that they had trouble giving a proper place, hence they named it "Homeless music". This means the piece might have been intended for something else or was used because they happened to have it.
|“||Here's some lovely music we once commissioned, that we keep trying to give a home. So far we have not succeeded but we've come close, so close!||”|
|1.||"Main Theme (complete)"||"Homeless music"||4:10|
|2.||"Main Theme (no drums)"||0:30|
|3.||"Main Theme (no additions)"||0:30|
|4.||"Main Theme (in a level)"||0:30|
|5.||"The Final Five Moves"||0:30|
|6.||"Boss Theme"||Go Do The Hoodoo||0:20|
|7.||"Trapped in Gummy!"||Trapped in Gummy!||1:35|
QA & Release Manager
- The Woolly Blue Hoodoos live on Music Island that has its own volcano; Mount Krakka Blowa, which the Hoodoos have some sort of power over, as seen in Go Do The Hoodoo. However, the description of the game talks about THE Volcano around Monstro City. As the Super Moshis are not present, while the Volcano is the Super Moshi hideout and home to Elder Furi and Tamara Tesla's lab, it is likely to say they mixed up the two Volcanos.