Join Katsuma, Poppet, Mr. Snoodle, and the other Moshi Monsters in an action-packed, song-filled race against time! Together they must stop evil Dr. Strangeglove and his incompetent Glump sidekick Fishlips from pulverising the recently discovered Great Moshling Egg.
History & Marketing
It was the first non-Music Video animated endeavor by the Moshi Monsters Franchise, going from the usual Direct-to-Youtube uploads to a cinematic release in both the United Kingdom as Australia.
Radio station Fun Kids held interviews with children who went to the premiere and had Katsuma and Poppet (their VAs) take over the radio station.
Further Movie promotion was held at Alton Towers, where Buster Bumblechops, Poppet & Katsuma and Dr. Strangeglove were meetable and one could limbo to obtain the Purple Glitter Mrs. Snoodle figure.
The creation of the movie prompted the introduction of the Movies Moshling set, with mayor Movie character Blinki, all of which set members were obtainable for your Moshling Zoo in Moshi Monsters through the post-movie mission The Moshi Movie Mystery.
The mission takes place after the movie, where the Main Monsters arrive for the premiere of the movie. Dr. Strangeglove, who believes everyone has come to see him on the screen, decides to steal the movie. While celebrating his theft on an open space on the Scareforce One, he is struck by lighting and drops the film reel (supposedly four of them) in the Gombala Gombala Jungle. It is partially found by Big Bad Bill, a major franchise character that was not included in the movie aside the end credits. Long story short, the premiere is held in the Hoodoo village on giant stretched out underpants.
The music video of Shoney the Amazin' Blazin' Raisin was soon released after - as to explain why the song is included on the Movie Soundtrack. A year later, Four Claw Hi Yaa Hurricane would receive its own Music Video as well.
Director Wip Vernooij created a rigging model for Furi which would make animation more dynamic and easier to work with. He used this model for Foodtube with Jamie Oliver. Regardless his efforts, there were no plans for future animation with the brand relevance declining in their attempt to move over to mobile.
Katsuma is the well meaning but big-headed Moshi Monster obsessed with becoming a 'gooperstar'.
Impossible cute but brave and steely, Poppet is the Moshi Monster who is super-passionate about Moshlings.
Happy-go-lucky and constantly hungry, Furi is the dim but lovable Moshi Monster who is occasionally struck by genius (especially if food is involved).
Flirty and aloof, Luvli is the fluttering Moshi Monster with a sharp tongue.
Oblivious to most things, Zommer is Monstro City's resident rocker. A big fan of Wobble-ade (the 'fizziest, dizziest soda in town'), this mishmash of a monster will do almost anything, however silly, just to see what happens.
Mischievous, impatient and short-tempered, Diavlo is the Moshi Monster who blows his top when he's angry or frustrated. This often leads to mayhem, as his head is an active volcano full of sizzly fizzly lava!
Criminal mastermind, twisted inventor, Glumper extraordinaire and former Doctor of Moshlinglology, Dr Strangeglove developed a twisted hatred for Moshlings after a Musky Husky he was experimenting on mistook his hand for a packet of sausaged and mangled it - thus the strange glove.
Fishlips is Dr Strangeglove's grovelling Glump sidekick. Dim but seriously loyal, this 'bumbling ball of badness' frequently misunderstands the Doc's orders. Spits and drools quit a bit. Likes boiled eggs!
C.L.O.N.C, Sweet Tooth never goes anywhere without a Hypno Blaster lollipop.
Impossibly cute and fiercely loyal, Mr Snoodle is the Silly Snuffler who never leaves Poppet's side.
Fast talking editor of the Daily Growl newspaper, Roary Scrawl is now directing movies with the help of his camcorder Moshling sidekick, Blinki. Obsessed with keeping Monstro City's citizens up to speed with all the ooze that's fit to print, Roary has eyes everywhere - literally.
Buster Bumblechops ventures through the Gombala Gombala Jungle in search of a temple that would contain The Great Moshling Egg. Once finding it, Buster shows his great find to his search team and tumbles down the stairs breaking his leg in the process.
Poppet tends to her garden with Mr. Snoodle. Katsuma meets with her to talk about Roary Scrawl's movie in the making and how he reaches for stardom. They go into town to meet with him.
- Monstro City is shown. An odd looking Flumpy leaves with Fifi through sewers.
- Katsuma, Poppet and Mr. Snoodle enter diner and find Roary and Blinki. Roary likes a movie over a documentary. Furi, Diavlo, Luvli and Zommer are introduced. Roary wants them all to star which bums out fame and attention hungry Katsuma.
- News reports on missing Moshlings epidemic and archcriminal Dr. Strangeglove and Sweet Tooth are still on the loose and looked for.
- News cuts to Buster Bumblechops reporting on the egg he found which is now on display at his museum of Moshiness.
- Poppet (not Katsuma) comes up with the egg being a nice addition to the movie (before Katsuma steals her additon to Roary Scroll) so the monster gang and Roary go to visit Buster's place.
- Dr. Strangeglove is in sewers spying. Flumpy turns out to be Fishlips. Fifi is being put in the glumping machine. (code: *whistling*) They steal the egg.
- Monsters arrive at Museum. Buster greets them. Wants to show nice egg but the fake egg was a yellow glump. Only a holographic kit device in which reveals Dr. Strangeglove has stolen it and threaten to destroy it for them to retrieve 3 items.
Fried Oobla Doobla, Blue Jeepers Tears and Rainbow Rox. The component to hatch the egg onto a giant monster glump.
- Poppet anounces that her and the other moshis will collect the components and lower Strangeglove into their trap(which they haven't planed yet).
- Buster gets them a Wurley powered balloon (called by whistling). Roary bails because he's afraid of flying. Blinki is now in charge of the movie. They leave with Snufflepeeps notes to the Gombala Gombala Jungle.
- First to find Fried Oobla Doobla. Poppet and Zommer stay behind because Poppet reads notes and discovers that Wooly Blue Hoodoos communicate by whistling, Katsuma leads the rest of the gang onto the Woolly Blue Hoodoo village. Not really a warm welcome. Oh wait it is, because they are dumped in the cauldron because Katsuma can't whistle. Poppet and Zommer came to the rescue and the only way that they can the Oobla Doobla is to win the limbo against a tall blue hoodoo. Poppet can but fails at Limbo and was also tossed into the cauldron with the others. Zommer is great at limbo and receives the item and his friends.
- They are off for Jollywood now and Zommer is lured back by the Hoodoos to party hard.
- Furi follows tray of candy and the tumble down a hole to be captured by Sweet Tooth. In their escape, Diavlo and Luvli are captured in the blimp.
- Inside the blimp, Strangeglove explains that he lost contact with Sweet Tooth and Katsuma is still traveling with Furi, Poppet and Snoodle. But his plan is still on shedual because they were getting the hatching supplies (of course) and the blimp was getting them.
- At the enterence to Jollywood, Poppet was getting worried about Zommer, Diavlo and Luvli. They can't turn back for them but she worries that there could be none of them left if it continues.
- At Jollywood they meet Bobbi SingSong, Katsuma's whiny antics make Blue Jeepers laugh to tears and thus they received that item. Bobbi teaches them to kerfuffle but due to Furi breaking the focus ring, he does not end up at Sillimanjaro like Katsuma, Poppet, Mr. Snoodle and Blinki did, but ends up in the blimp with Zommer, Diavlo and Luvli.
- Katsuma, Poppet and Mr. Snoodle were trapped in a big blizard and Mr. Snoodle was struggling to stay warm when Katsuma finds a cave and decides to go in there. Poppet tries to convince Katsuma to change his mind when his yell caused an avalanch forcing Katsuma to grab Poppet and run into the cave.
- Almost freezing to death, Katsuma tries his best to make a fire and Poppet blames the mess on Katsuma causing him to loss hope and start crying. She cheers them up by singing 'We can do it' to not give up and they find the Rainbow Rox.
- Encountering Dr. Strangeglove, he takes of with both the items and egg and Mr. Snoodle supposedly falls to his death.
- Now all trapped in a cage, Poppet continues to cry from her loss of Mr. Snoodle and Strangeglove braggs about him completing his plan.
- Now captured all, Dr. Strangeglove is getting ready for Hatching the egg to turn it into a Super Glump.
- The Moshi's try to escape, but they struggle. Katsuma fells bad about messing up his Hi Yaa Hurrican that Poppet's anger went so high that she blame Strangeglove getting the egg and the death of Mr. Snoodle all on him. Then a mirical came with Mr. Snoodle coming back alive using the Wurley powered balloon. Katsuma can't whistle. Mr. Snoodle can so Katsuma Hi-Yah Hurricane's up the contraption and frees all moshlings.
- The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
- We're in this together
- Katsuma learned the power of friendship, Also whistling as if that was necessary and the egg was Mrs. Snoddle
- The temple where the egg was found reveals more egg.
|Executive Producers||Michael Acton Smith, Divinia Knowles, Darran Garnham|
|Directed by||Wip Vernooij|
|Written by||Steve Cleverley, Jocelyn Stevenson|
|Produced by||Jocelyn Stevenson, Giles Healy|
|All Songs Written and Arranged by||Steve Cleverley, Sanji Sen|
|Original Score Composer||Sanji Sen|
|Art Director||Cako Facioli|
|Head of Story||Andreas Von Andrian|
|Lead Story Artist||Dean Roberts|
|Story Artist||Boris Hiestand|
|Original Designs||Vincent Béchet|
|Visual Development Artists||Trevor White, Ross McCaughey, Nana Li, Leanna Wade, Norm Konyu|
|Colour Design||Celine Choo|
|Graphic Designer||Antony Garner|
|Katsuma, Luvli||Emma Tate|
|Dr Strangeglove, Zommer||Ashley Slater|
|Fishlips, Newsreader||Boris Hiestand|
|Furi, Roary||Tom Clarke Hill|
|Buster Bumblechops, Diavlo||Keith Wickham|
|Bobbi SingSong||Rajesh David|
|Sweet Tooth||Steve Cleverley|
|Other parts played by members of the cast & crew|
|SPIDER EYE Animation Studios|
|Assistant Producer||Charlotte Wadsworth|
|Production Manager||Niki Groves, Zoe Kovacs|
|Layout||Sam Bailey, Ben Dennett, Andy Fossey, Richard Nye, Elroy Simmons|
|Backgrounds||Miles Tebbutt, Selena Roberts, Monica Herman, Hester Dennett|
|Scene Planning||Simon Turner, Craig Haines, Richard Milligan|
|Lead Rigger||Cherie Hague|
|CelAction2D Build & Rig||Lucy Artiss, Shaun Blake, Ben Cawthorne, Phil Clarke, Tim Fancourt, Morgan Griffiths, Tom Lucas, Ryan Neal, Gemma Martin, Sophie Powell, Nicola Robertson, Chris Scott, Shane Skuse, Sue Tong, David Young|
|Lead CelAction2D Animators||Phil Clarke|
|Key CelAction2D Animators||Steve Austin, Christian Chessell, Matt Dillon, Mario Galindo, Nick Harrop, Ollie Patricio, Dennis Sisterton, Alex Wilmott, Gemma Wilmott|
|Additional CelAction2D Animators||Simon Bancroft, Mike Benson, Hozen Britto, Jon Clarke, Gareth Davies, Robin Dellor, Emma Errera, Jimeno Farfan, Mark Francis, Cherie Hague, Craig Haines, Kaye Heywood, Mandy Jennings, Richard Jeffery, Dave McKenna, Richard Milligan, Laura Normansell, Juan Jose Bravo Matias, Mark Nute, Miles Peters, Sophie Powell, Claire Renton, Kenny Robinson, Megan Smith, Karen Ullmann|
|Flash Animator||Cako Facioli, Nick Harrop, Caroline Souchon|
|Flash FX Animation||Stephen Petty, Anne Marie Walsch|
|CelAction2D Generalist||Jenny Stewart|
|CG Environments||Juan Luis 'Borrego' Ruiz Beltran, Michael Faherty, Simeon Hankins|
|CG Animation||Mariella Capasso|
|Compositing||Adam Aiken, Simon Gibbs, Owen Frankland, Luke Jefferson, Jonathan Klahr, Steven Mertens, Fynn Tucker, Wip Vernooij, Ben Weschke, Paul Weschke|
|Spider IT||Jason Knight-Urbanski|
|CO3 - Digital Intermediate provided by Company 3 London|
|Digital Intermediate Head of Department||Patrick Malone|
|Digital Intermediate Producer||Cheryl Goodbody, Rob Farris|
|Digital Intermediate Assistant Producer||Jonathan Collard, Kira Fitzpatrick|
|Digital Colourist||Robin Pizzey|
|Digital Film Technical Supervisor||Laurent Treherne|
|Systems Adminitrator||Neil Harrison|
|Digital Intermediate Assistants||Aurora Shannon, Laura Pavone|
|Data Wrangler||Dan Helme|
|Orchesta||Brandenburgisches Staatorchester Frankfurt / Oder, Germany|
|Live Orchestra Production By||Dynmedian GbR|
|Recording Engineer||Holger Busse|
|Additional Musicians||Kris Jones, Ashley Slater, Charlotte Glasson, Sophie Shone, Stefan Taylor, Ellie Wyatt, Scarlett Quinn, Adrian Davies-Jordan, Dale Shockness|
|Supervising Sound Designer||Daan Hendriks|
|Sound Editors||Jonathan Mann, Andrew Inwood|
|Creative Media - Sound Post Services provided by Creativity Media|
|Sound Designer||Alex Joseph|
|Sound Effect Mixer||Richard Kondal|
|Foley Artist & Editor||Louise Brown|
|Sound Editors||Stelios Koupetoris|
|Foley Recordists||Gwilym Perry, Simon Trundle|
|Foley recorded at Universal Sound and Twickenham Studios|
|Recording Studio||Soho Square Studios|
|Sound Re-Recording Mixer||Adam Smyth|
|Studio Manager||Tom MacKewn|
|Production Assistant||Gillian Iversen|
|Marketing||Dino Burbidge, Lauren Delord|
|Finance Team||Helen Stroud, Barry Avraam, Alex Cram, Mark Bishop|
|Legal Team||Jenifer Swallow, Beth Lawson, Wiggin LLP|
|IT||Max Wall, James Minerve, Cary Vidal, Henry Cook|
|Clear Insurance Management|
|Insurance Brokers||Clear Insurance Management, Paul Roberts, Michael Cookie|
|The Producers Wish to Thank||Uli Meyers, Liz Wyl, Jeff Hall, Sophie Thomson, Olivia Goodman, Florence Boltman, Pete Coogan, Jack McCall, Oli Hyatt, Chris Dicker, Amie Jackson, Matt Sacton, Jane Savage, Sean Scourse, Andy Blazdell, Simon Lipowicz, Owen Stickler, Sebastian Sume & everyone on the Moshi Web Team and Mind Candy|
|Production Babies||Mika Vernooij, Henry Clarke, Baby Mertens|
|Made on location in London and Cornwall|
Andreas Von Andrian
Production & Development
The Moshi Monsters movie was made in a tremendous short amount of time
CO3 Sound production diary 
- Jocelyn attended the 5th Anniversary party of Moshi Monsters where she dressed up as a secret Moshling. In a video where the Mind Candy employees said who they were dressed up as, Jocelyn said "A secret Moshling who came out of this egg." and she held up a picture of The Great Moshling Egg.
- The movie was announced by Mr. Moshi in an issue of the Moshi Monsters Magazine.
- The Music CD that came free with the Moshi Magazine Issue 34 features a promotional movie trailer.
- The trailer was shown on Daybreak on ITV on Thursday, October 10th. later on that day it was seen on the MSN website. On October 11th, it was uploaded to the official Moshi Monsters Youtube channel and featured on The Daily Growl.
- In Jollywood, there is a crowd of monsters wanting Bobbi's autograph, Nutmeg is in the front then disappears.
- One of ShiShi's black spots is missing when they are in the Glumpatron.
- When Strangeglove dances, Head Over Heels is played but Moptop Tweenybop is shown on the TV.
- In the list of usernames on the credits, some names are repeated.