Dewy is the shopkeeper of the D.I.Y. Shop, obsessed with the DIY subject itself, and is a rather careless individual in every aspect of that word.
Dewy blogged in place of Roary Scrawl when he went on holiday in 2009, though Roary Scrawl had forbidden him from using his computer after, mostly due to his inadvertent vandal of messiness and, equally, clumsiness.
This clumsiness made a cameo in Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park, where it exhibited itself through the frantic steering and crashing of a plane, all in typical Dewy fashion.
He also cameoed in Moshi Monsters Village as the owner of the D.I.Y. Shop, much like in-game, though note it had a different layout and sold different products, including Moshlings. The game's credits can be accessed from here, too.
- Main article: Character Encyclopedia
Meet Dewy, a rather scatty, DIY-obsessed monster who runs the DIY Shop on Sludge Street. When he's not helping Monsters select a rare Raarghly Bear Rug or a Gloop Shelf to display their knick-knacks, Dewy leafs through The Hammer Times and gets inspired with ideas for fantastic new things to invent.
Dewy's store provides exquisite flooring, windows, doors and shelves to the monsters of Monstro City. Dewy even designs many of the items himself!
Dewy is most proud of his jet-powered jelly bean sorter, made from a plastic fork, a rubber band, a wooden plank and Bangers and Mash! It was gloopendous—until it went haywire, dragging poor Dewy along the streets of Monstro City!
- Location: The DIY Shop, Sludge Street
- Job: Owner of the DIY Shop
- Likes: DIY, of course, and Slug Slurp Slushies
- Dewy's wild fur-do is crazy and messy, just like Dewy himself.
- Being a DIY kinda guy, Dewy patches up his old clothes rather than shop for new ones.
- Main article: Moshipedia
Dewy is a real DIY kind of guy. He once constructed a jet-powered jelly bean sorter out of a plastic fork, Bangers and Mash, a rubber band, and a Plank. He loves flipping through back issues of Hammer Times and getting brain freezes from Slug Slurp Slushies.
The DIY Shop, Sludge Street.
DIY and Slug Slurp Slushies.
- Spewy - cousin
- Moe Yukky - best friend; often annoyed by him for being untidy. They were rivals for the love of Tamara Tesla.
- Snozzle Wobbleson - used the leftover gloop from Icky the Gloop Monster for food. Their relationship is unclear, but as per this, it is most likely that Dewy, in the least, trusts Snozzle.
- Roary Scrawl - best friend
- Tamara Tesla - his former "love" interest, relationships are rather unclear since the events of 2010 but they appear to be friends. He and several other characters had a dance-off, hosted by Tyra Fangs, with the better performer winning a Valentine's date with Tamara - Dewy and Moe Yukky were apparently the two final contenders, since they mutually won the dance-off - but, unfortunately, the Forum post which detailed this has since been removed.
Dewy's appearance is intent on trying to make the viewer generalise and draw an immediate conclusion of him. He is clad in what appears to be his own checkered T-shirt (something considered informal to wear to work) with a cap of synonymous bee-like black and yellow colours, all conforming to this awkward and lax fashion of his. Dewy seems to have eternal bed hair, too, since it certainly sticks out, albeit rather becomingly. Two large bucked teeth protrude out of and yellow freckles dot the lower region of his face.
|April 16, 2008||D.I.Y. Shop||Moshi Monsters opens to the public, with the D.I.Y. Shop starting shop along with it.|
|June 24, 2009||Daily Growl||Roary Scrawl asks Dewy to work on The Daily Growl while on hiatus from work, holidaying to Syd's Knee along with his girlfriend, Tyra Fangs.|
|June 26, 2009||Daily Growl||Dewy's second post on The Daily Growl. He posts about the happenings at Syd's Knee with Roary and Tyra.|
|September 2, 2009||Daily Growl|| Dewy plans to prank BFF Moe Yukky because of his neat and tidiness, something Dewy despises. He reaches out to the readers to give him a good idea for a prank.|
Six days later, it was disclosed in a Daily Growl post that Dewy slopped Moe Yukky, but Moe's reaction was admittedly accepting and acquiescing.
|September 14, 2009||Daily Growl||The post seems either unfinished, or deleted in parts, with it finishing on an abrupt note. All that is intelligible is that Dewy's shop was squeaky-clean, something it almost always is not - seemingly, Moe Yukky had got his vengeance. His name is also misspelled as 'Dewey'.|
|February 1, 2010||Daily Growl||Fast forward to 2010 and Dewy is having a love showdown with Moe Yukky to win the heart of Tamara Tesla which, out of all accord, ends off with a dance-off between the two rivals.|
|November 19, 2010||Series 1 Mash Up||Is featured|
|October 6, 2011||Pick Your Path 2: Moshling Mayhem||Is featured, albeit briefly|
|September ?, 2011||Season 2 Mash Up||Is featured|
|November 17, 2011||Series 1 Mega Bloks||Has a figurine|
|May 2012 (day unknown)||D.I.Y. Shop||Dewy attracts Icky the Gloop Monster through a string of coincidences (see article), who winds up covering his shop in gloop. Contrary to popular belief, Dewy's shop was still accessible even under such a curious predicament.|
|September 13, 2012||Series 3 Mash Up||Is featured|
|July 9, 2013||Gustbusters||Makes a brief cameo|
|May 19, 2014||Moshi Monsters Village|| Shopkeeper of the D.I.Y. Shop (has the namesake)|
- An odd detail in his Mash-up art (as well as a dance-off Daily Growl depiction) shows him having a piece of gum stuck underneath his left shoe. It is likely there as a metaphor for his clumsy tendencies or how he is unclean and careless.
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/5822-tamara_tesla_s_makeover
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/-dance_off_at_the_disco
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/6007-introducing_dewy_from_diy
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/6005-what_happens_next
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/5950-prank_time_with_dewy&page=54
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/5945-mucky_moe_yukky&page=34
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/5941-dewey_s_clean_mess
- ↑ http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/5814-team_dewy&page=53
- ↑ https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=YGkrpeLuGu8C&pg=PT29
- ↑ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mega-Bloks-Moshi-Monsters-Micro-Mini-Figure-Series-1-DEWY-New-Loose-/360881134983
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 http://news.moshimonsters.com/community/blog/content/6740-Icky-Has-Left-the-Buildings=5b3e0e69f7cef9e12ec0350834447081&page=143